Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Song of my Soul

I have been blessed with many mentors in my life. There is one woman in my church who invested so much time in praying for and ministering to me, from before I went to Mohawk College for nursing and beyond. There are nurses in my church who have invested in me spiritually as well. They are much older, but also wiser. When I was learning about foot care, I practiced my novice skills on people from my church.

Last night I went to Immanuel prayer at my church, and it was wonderful being coached and spending time fellowshipping with Jesus. He showed me some things that made me thankful for all he has already done and all he is doing in my life, and just who he is... Simply delightful!

Whenever life gets rough, as happens in almost everyone's life at some point, I know I can trust Jesus. Sometimes I have to remember Jesus is not only Saviour, he is also Lord. I relate to him more in his humanity than in his divinity. I forget that he created all things, as he is the WORD that was with God in the beginning, and that he now holds all things together. He is seated at the right hand of God, interceding for me and for all the church.

That's something I can barely wrap my head around. It seems beyond my comprehension. Such a permanent mystery! But really it is an adventure waiting to happen... Life with God, surrended to him, is never dull. My life this spring and summer has been turned upside down, but Jesus has righted the boat and he has calmed the storm, saying "Peace be still!" He is also calling me back to joy and delight in him and in life. The more I know him, the more I love him!

I wouldn't trade what this summer has taught me for anything. Growth can be a painful process, and stretching can hurt, and saying goodbye to people you have loved is never easy. Still, I know whom I have believed, and I am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him, against that day!

No comments: