Thursday, September 24, 2015

Friday Journal (on Thursday afternoon) Sunday, Sept 17, 2006

May you live all the days of your life. Jonathan Swift.

September 17, 2006

This is my first entry in what I hope will be a journal chronicling the journey as I begin to explore my dreams and aspirations. About a month ago I had my last day at the worst job I have ever endured. The work wasn't difficult or challenging but the atmosphere was toxic and my performance reflected it. At the beginning of September, still job-less, I moved from my parent's home to my own apartment, newly turned 26 years of age. Meanwhile I went through an application process to be an occasional student at McMaster Divinity College so I could take a course in New Testament Greek with the hope of doing postgraduate work in biblical studies I have been interviewing Redeemer professors to obtain advice.

Last week, in answer to prayer, I miraculously obtained an office position in Burlington with a boss who was willing to accommodate my course. Maybe it is not a miracle but it is a definite blessing from a Father who knows how to give good gifts and provides for his children what they need. I start the position tomorrow, so this entry will be brief since I should get to bed soon.

I really sense God is watching over me and directing my steps. I think I will find the purpose I was created to fulfill. I am rereading the Purpose Driven Life and I am on day 14 and it is very encouraging and inspiring. Today was a wonderful Sunday with two good messages; one from Mark Knetzch about the valley of dry bones. God's spirit gives life to the hopeless and Jesus has accomplished our salvation.

Well, I should get to bed so I can be up for 6:45 am tomorrow. The rest will have to wait for another day.

My next entry in the journal was not until January 1st, 2007 and my last was August 15, 2015. I have so many journals; entries are sporadic at best. This journal is only for my deepest things and dreams.

No comments: