Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Back to Work

The prospect of returning to work, working the night shift part-time at the retirement home where I previously worked, has me grateful but also anxious. I also regret the lost opportunity of working the evening shift position I was gunning for back in the summer.

I'm grateful to have a job as a nurse and to be well enough to work. I appreciate the slower pace of the night shift and the nightly routine that keeps you busy. I don't get to interact with the residents as much, but there are some I see frequently. 

I feel anxious about adjusting back to working, and learning any things that have changed in the routine. I am concerned about my sleeping schedule with working nights and sleeping days and then then going back to sleeping nights when I am not working. I am also aware to avoid isolation working the night shift I will have to participate in regular social activities or volunteer on the days I am not working. 

My first shift back is Thursday. I'll have to see how I adjust back to the working world and how many things have changed since August. Staying up all night can be difficult and sleeping during the day can be tough.

I recognize I do not return to work on my own. I do have support from my employer, my family and friends. I also have the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit and the support of my Saviour and Lord.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

So... how's it been working?
-r

Suzanne said...

It's been going okay. Sorry for the very late reply.