Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Knee-Deep

These last few weeks, as I have adjusted to living on my own, and learnt how to take care of myself, while in a dating relationship, have been full of joys and triumphs as well as trepidation and insecurity.

Mostly I am glad to be alive and I feel excitement to grow and stretch in ways I haven't before. For a relationship that began as a friendship and progressed into a getting to know you phase, it has proceeded slowly and with caution.

In the meantime, I am drawing closer in my relationship to God, and being blessed by Christian friends, family, and the Bible studies I attend on Tuesdays and sometimes on Fridays at the hospital. I also am reading a book called "Blessing Your Spirit" by Sylvia Gunther and Arthur Burk. I am on day 15 of a forty day journey, and so far it has been amazing.

Today there was an opportunity for testimonies, so I gave one that was short and succinct. I was surrounded by love and support and hugs. Next week is our Christmas potluck/ jewelry sale. I will miss the Bible study during the Christmas hiatus.

I spent the afternoon with my boyfriend. It was a fun, low-key time. We went to the library and then we watched a movie and he cooked dinner which was delicious.

He's meeting my family soon and I'm meeting his. It is a little anxiety-inducing, but I think it will be okay. Being vulnerable is difficult, but you have to open yourself up to receive love.

I believe in the promises of God for a good future and a hope, and I receive grace, love, and peace. My joy is fathomless, my love is strong and the river of peace is wide and I'm just knee deep.

2 comments:

Mrs. Gryce said...

EEEKKS! Suzanne, that's super exciting! I'm so happy for you! It may be a bit early to suggest this, but I know you enjoy reading....I just finished reading "How We Love" by Milan & Kay Yerkovich, which was a huge eye-opener. I also highly recommend "Love & War" by John & Stasi Eldredge. Blessings!

Suzanne said...

Thanks Mrs. Gryce,

It is still early days, but thanks for the recommendation. I will look up those titles and I am sure I will appreciate them. I've read John and Stasi Eldredge before.

I sometimes wonder about my ability to perservere, but that is a result of my past, and I am trying to live moment by moment

Thanks for your comment and your friendship across the distance.