Monday, November 19, 2018

Rewarded

My heart is full and it was a day of connection and reconnection and trying to bless people only to have it boomerang back to me. I don't think one person I tried to help was more blessed than I was.

My Father's heart is full of blessings, and he promised me the desires of my heart, when they are in line with his will. I went to give my Dad a coffee and some cake, but I was more blessed myself because I got to see Amy and wish her well before her little one arrives. I went to buy one specific product at Farm Boy and I ended up not buying it but getting some awesome produce and other healthy products that might help my digestive issues.

Last night I got an old rug hooking from my Opa he had made my younger sister and I claimed back some books. In putting them away I unlocked a treasure trove of books, and actually was able to find some to let go off or give away or save it for a daughter or a niece, and stow it away. In hiding my Christmas presents away from the craft sale my dear friend brought me to yesterday, I was able to reorganize my closet and almost all my nursing text books are up there, neatly stowed away.

In reorganizing my desk I was able to set up a work station in the living room, and prepare to hang my bulletin board with the pictures I want on it, freeing up photo frames for more recent photos.

I went to visit my Mom and got a lesson on budgeting as well as the bracelet I had left, after I had just spent a bundle of skin care products... primarily eye care and sun screen/moisturizer and after sun treatment. I went there on impulse, thinking I could bless someone, but was instead blessed by the friendly cashier.

I had little time left, but I read some devotionals and finally ate breakfast. I thought I would drive and then take the bus, because I didn't want to drive downtown, so I thought I would drive to Walmart. Trying to take a short cut I drove around a beautiful neighbourhood and ended up where I started, so I had no choice but to drive downtown. I should note all of this driving would have been impossible were it not for the wonderful CAA who gave me a boost this morning, after my battery was drained a few days ago.

Last night my good friend, the emerald red-haired beauty, came for tea and blessed me with some awesome herbal teas and cookies that she fortunately also took away. Saturday I went to Dutch Toko and saw a friend of a friend, and got my cookie and chocolate and cheese fix. I went there with my boyfriend because his bank was right next door. Also I decided to tithe at my new church home, but there's no way you can put money on that kind of blessing. I watched my old pastor, in my old church home's Youtube video, but again I was the blessed one. I rediscovered a book of blessings I got years ago from and mentor, and yes I'm on day seven with 33 days to go. I also got a book from my childhood friend, and it is amazing too, but I can't find it right now, so I'm sure I've stowed it somewhere safe, and the treasure hunt will continue. Also my friend who comes and takes me on walks regularly gave me great advice....  Call it karma, or call it reaping what you sow, but sow good seeds and yank up the bitter roots of bitterness or anger or sin.

I also got three free plants from my walk after lunch with a new friend, the one I met for lunch. I also got to see a beautiful neighbourhood, meet some lovely people, and see my friend's amazing art work. Also the lunch was excellent and she treated and we are going to ceramics or pottery together sometime. And eventually I'll be able to treat, when I am working. So being a good Samaritan is actually more beneficial for the person trying to help. The whole day my emotional need for recognition and reward was met by my best friend, Jesus, and the blessings my Father bestowed was protection and peace and freedom from anxiety about all the little foxes that destroy the vineyard.

No comments: