Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Sisterhood of the Travelling Plants

I follow Blake Lively as well as Ryan Reynolds on Instagram. I haven't ever watched Gossip Girl and I haven't seen Blake Lively's newest work. I do remember and appreciate her work in the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. Also I give her props for being her own stylist, and always appearing on point with the perfect outfit for every occasion.

And you gotta admit... Ryan Reynolds is pretty much the Canadian born actor I adore the most. Mainly for his work in The Proposal, because Sandra Bullock is my favourite actress of all time. I also appreciate Ryan Gosling, but that's another story.

So what's the Sisterhood of the Travelling Plants?  It's the same society as the Squirrel Whisperers, and it just denotes a relationship I formed while I was in the hospital, with some kick-ass woman who was ten years younger than me, but ever so more capable and responsible. I had to stop trying to help her, because it wasn't helpful for her or me, but I was cheering her from the sidelines and I know she will make it.

Right now the plants I have that are living number one, and it's a succulent. I just have to ignore it and almost never water it. In the hospital I was trying to keep a lily and a lavender plant alive in the same container. Naturally I over watered it, so the lavender plant didn't live, and the lily plant had been on the edge, but basically had very little roots, so I pulled it out and said goodbye to the lavender plant, by leaving it out on the porch to be killed by frost and snow.

I will plan a garden for next spring. I will learn how to nurture relationships I have formed, and I recognize there is one in particular I am going to continue. I will succeed taking care of myself, while in a relationship. And I wish the same for the Squirrel Whisperer. I know she is capable of figuring out her own life and I'm proud of her.

No comments: