Monday, November 12, 2018

Mission Impossible

  Remembrance day weekend was wonderful, and beyond my expectations. I spent Saturday with my mother at a Women's Conference.  Singing my heart out, and knowing no one could hear whether I was on key was liberating.  Being among women who were sold out for God was priceless, and the ministry afterward touched me exactly where I am at.

Sunday I spent going to Roman Catholic Mass, which I hadn't been at, other than the Thursdays I attended Mass at St. Joseph's hospital, since I attended a funeral of a brother of a dear friend of the family, my mother's best friend from high school days.

This service on November 11th, which I attended with my favourite male friend, was beautiful in it pageantry and appropriately somber, clear and direct in its message, and though the opening song had me near tears, nobody noticed. By the time it was over and I got into line for the Eucharist, I had been nourished and restored, and I wondered how I could have been fed by two such diverse worship styles...  Then I remembered the Holy Spirit was present in both arenas, and I carry the anointing with me, which is just a Pentecostal way of way of saying, God has chosen me for a specific task, one that is not much different than the task of any believer....

My mission today, should I choose to accept it, is to go for a walk after lunch, with my friend who often draws me outdoors in all types of weather. Other than that I have no specific plans, so I might do some cleaning (unlikely, but necessary), I'll have breakfast by nine o'clock, I'll put the garbage out and recycling out in good time. I'll make some phone calls, perhaps.

Weekly plans include getting snow tires put on my vehicle, so that will happen Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday afternoon. I am back to driving, although I am starting with small trips and working my way up to the busier streets and highways. The Brown Widow is in good shape, thanks to the careful supervision of my father.

The remaining days of the week are already taking shape. I'll have dinner with my good friend and her family on Wednesday, and Friday is shopping day. Thursday I have an afternoon appointment at the hospital.

I know the foolish virgins failed to buy oil, and that was their downfall, but I also know you can load yourself down with burdens no one asked you to carry. "Pick up your cross and follow me," yes, but also "my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Right now I am instructed to pack lightly, and tread lightly, and carry a big stick...


No comments: