Monday, November 26, 2018

Maxed out

As Christmas season approaches, I find myself ready to bring on the holiday magic and sparkle. I've bought all my gifts, I have vowed to buy no more, and I know my mother will hold me to that vow.

I want to be generous this year, but none of my friends are materialistic and if I want to give them something, I can bake them some brownies or send them a card. I've been spending money at an alarming rate, so it is time to retrench, and stop eating out so much.

I don't want to live in a spirit of poverty and lack, but neither do I want to become a prodigal daughter. "Give me neither poverty nor riches, but only my daily bread."

The Father knows all my needs whether emotional, physical, psychological, spiritual, sexual (that's a tricky one, but every one is a sexual being), and he will meet those needs according to his riches in glory.

I want to bless others this Christmas. My church is doing a gift drive for single mother's, but if I don't live within my own means, I won't have anything to give them.

In the New Year, I'll be able to return to work, if only on modified duties. I can feel productive again, but this month is an important time in my life. A time of resting, reflection, thankfulness, and connection. A time to grow in love, joy, and peace. A time to wait, help others as I can, recognize the pure and lovely, develop in new ways, and put a tight rein on my tongue and my charge card.

No comments: