Friday, December 07, 2018

Truth or Dare

I grew up playing a game called Truth or Dare. It went as follows "Truth, Dare, Double Dare, Promise to Repeat." In my circle of friends even the double dares were not as daunting as "Truth."

Your friend might ask you what you really thought about a boy she knew you were interested in. Or she might ask you whether you really cared about a friend you'd had a falling out with.

I was always destined to tell the truth, as my second name Alison means "truth" or "noble", I just sometimes allow a layer of obscurity camouflage the truth just a little. Or I give it some embellishments and a little touch of flair.

The truth is simple, but I can dress it up and make it elaborate. Tuck it in with some chocolates and hide it amongst layers of tissue paper. It's now a gift basket, voila!

"Speaking the truth to power," what does that mean? And what if nobody can hear you in the deafening cacophony of our culture? Do you scream louder or repeat softly?

I believe the truth will always eventually come out, and then you will want to be on the side of truth and justice. But every one has a voice, and also two ears to listen, and even if your platform is small and your circle of friends is small, and your contribution seems tiny, it matters.

Everyone is made in the image of God and can transform into the image of Christ. To Christ, all people matter and he would go to the ends of the earth to seek out one lost little lamb.

He declared "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father, but by me." This is a bold claim, and it is either truth or not, but every one must make their own decision. Who is Jesus of Nazareth? Is he a Prophet? Is He the Son of the Most High God? Is He My Saviour, and if so, do I make him my Lord?

Do I believe Him, and do I receive these blessings from His hand?

Who I am in Christ:

I am a child of God.
I am strong in the Lord and the Power of His Might.
I am lead by the Spirit of God.
I am kept in safety whenever I go.
I walk by faith and not by sight.
I am rescued from the dominion of darkness.
I am an heir with God and coheir with Christ.
I am blessed with every spiritual blessing.
I am an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony.
I am an imitator of God.
I am healed by His wounds.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
I am more than a conqueror.


The above list was given to me from the Women's Bible Study at People's Church Every word is based on an actual Bible passage and is an important truth about my identity.
My Baptism last decade

No comments: